[TheQoo] "You don't have a solo album?" the concern that long-going idols and even Sunny can't escape.

Monday 23 November 2020

[TheQoo] "You don't have a solo album?" the concern that long-going idols and even Sunny can't escape.



Even idol group grand senior SNSD's Sunny couldn't give an answer to the concern about a solo album. This is not a concern that is limited to Sunny only.

Sunny appeared in tvN's show "On&Off" on November's 21st and revealed her personal daily life.

On that broadcast, Sunny who was having dinner with her best friend BoA, was asked about releasing a solo album. As all the SNSD members released solo albums except YoonA and Sooyoung who are focusing on their acting activities, the question was enough to catch attention.

So Sunny said "its always remains like a homework. I don't know what i like, what should i do, what am good at. I was like an MSG in the team. If i gave my voice, the vocal director found it regrettable. So my confidence dropped while thinking that 'my voice is boring.'" the confession by a long-going idol 14 years into her debut surprised viewers.

This is not Sunny's problem alone, but a problem that idols who are active in groups consider at least once. Especially as it is a very important process to continue their singing careers. However it is difficult to release a solo album within an idol group where group activities are prioritized over individual activities. Some of them can't even make a solo attempt due to having experienced the pain of their group not gaining recognition and disbanding.

Soyeon and Sandara Park who debuted with T-ara and 2NE1 at a similar time as SNSD had a similar concern. On MBN's "Miss Back" broadcasted on October 22nd, Sandara Park said "I have one solo song. It was an ad song. If i hadn't filmed that ad i wouldn't have that song." Sandara Park hasn't been able to release a new song since 'Kiss' that was released in 2009.

As for Soyeon, she said "I have been the main vocalist of a famous girl group for 11 years but there has never been a song of my own for once." and added "But isn't it time for me to not wait anymore and get greedy at least for the few people who like my voice." Soyeon is currently speeding up to release her first mini album.

Therefore, there is interest in whether Sunny will release a solo album in the future. She revealed through On&Off “I am the only member who doesn't have a solo album. It feels as if the first day of school is approaching and i haven't done my vacation homework yet. I keep feeling like i am being chased." She then said "I will try to talk to the people in company." and laughed.

The singers who debuted at the same time as Sunny, and are currently active also took a long time to stand alone. Wonder Girls Yubin and Highlight's Yoon Doojoon each released their solo songs after 11 years of their debut. As BoA advised, Releasing your own voice even if it takes a long time is picture that fans want.

https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202011231044506510&r=1

[Link] (35,479 views)

-I think the more a solo album is postponed the more it will become burdensome so i think its good to release it while promoting as a group.

-I will wait for Sunny's solo album. Her performances are no joke and very good.

-but her cover of Bloom was good though.

-Not everyone has to release a solo album. I wish she wouldn't feel pressuredㅠㅠ

-There is a Soshi song called LaLaLa and Sunny's voice tone in it was so so good..i hope she releases a song like that.

-But i like Sunny's voice though. I hope she doesn't feel very pressured and release it when she want to. I'll have to listen to it when its released.

-There is no reason to release a solo album i will always be by your side.

-I listened to Sunny's OST frequently because i liked her voice though i don't remember the title now. I don't remember if she sang it alone or with Taeyeon. I don't know what will happen if she releases a song but they can try testing the waters by releasing a station song first.

-She can't help but feel pressured because she's the only one in Soshi who doesn't have a solo and the fans also want it.

-Isn't Sunny a lead vocal? I like Sunny's voiceㅠㅠ

-I just hope she does whatever she wants without worrying about the results. I hope the solo albums contains everything she wants to do.

-Sunny sings in a tasteful way though. Her Bloom was amazing.

-Sunny was amazing in Lil' Touchㅠㅠ

-Doesn't she have an ost? its been a long time so i don't remember the name but i liked it the most among Soshi's osts. Her voice tone was no joke then.

-I think she will do well judging from her Bloom performanceㅋㅋㅋ i hope she gains confidence.

-I think she will match a concept like Bloom.

-The picked a wrong vocal director.

-I like Sunny's tone and she sings well. I was waiting for her solo and didn't know she had this kind of concern..

-Her featuring in Miryo's song was good. Her voice was different from usual more straightforward. It was very different.

-But i liked Sunny's voice the mostㅠㅠ

-Sunny's cover of Secret Garden ost with Tiffany on the radio before was good though.

-I thought she just didn't have greed for music even though her skills are good..Its just that Soshi's vocal line is too strong but Sunny too has a good tone and is good at singing live.

-I listened well to her cover of First Kiss in the past..her voice was honey!

-I like Sunny's voice so much. I hope she gains strength.

-But her tone is so pretty..

-People who like Sunny's voice, listen to Sunny's First Kiss.

-I fcking like Sunny's voice. Who said that its boring.

-I like her voice. I think it will be good to lightly release something through sm station.

-But she sings well? i was shocked when i saw her duet with Kim JaeJoong.

-The people who think her voice is good please listen to these songs. Sunny's voice is a good voice and charming enough. i also personally love her cover of Bloom.



-Sunny sings well. Her tone is good and stable.

-If you're curious about her voice you can listen to her duet with Miryo I love You I Love You. Its very good. I personally like her voice the most in SNSD.

-Sunny sings well..i was shocked when i saw her dancing yet her voice didn't shake or crack.

-Her parts in Soshi's songs are so good thoughㅠㅠ

-I think she will do well if she releases something like Gain's Bloom. Or is the style she wants different?

-Sunny was the member whose voice i thought was good while listening to Soshi's songs. I hope she meets a good song.

-I liked her voice in Soshi's songs. Though i am shocked that its not her normal voice but the one she set for the director...but i think her normal voice will be fine too.

-Sunny's tone is very charming...am a muggle(non fan) so i can't distinguish all Soshi members voices but she was one of the ones i can distinguish.

-Her voice is so good though..i was surprised when i first listened to IGAB. I didn't know she had that kind of tone.

-The fans will be happy enough if you release a solo so don't think too big and release something you want to do no matter how small.

-I liked Sunny's voice because its refreshing and stable.

-I still listen to First Kiss and Your Dollㅎㅎ

-I liked Sunny's voice the most in Lil' Touch.

-You can release it later when you want to.

-But First Kiss was so goodㅠㅠ

-Sunny's Bloom was so goodㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ I just like Sunny even if she doesn't give anything. I hope she doesn't feel too much pressure.

-SM will give her a solo album if she wants so i hope she doesn't feel too much pressure and try it..slowly find her own color!

-Her vocal color was great in Lil' Touch so i think it will be good if she just prepares it well

-She just needs to find the genre she is good at and slowly release it.

-I think she had a solo song, i remember liking it because her voice was refreshing like an animation.